October is our month! It’s the month of spooks, and tricks, and pumpkins and treats. (Obviously, we come in at the treat part! Not too much spooky goin’ on in here, well, except for our cooler, that is. That door just likes to open, and close, by itself from time-to-time. It kinda freaks people out :) ) We thought that with all the events, and festivities, happening around Anoka and with all the emphasis on candy–we’d have a little fun with it and share some of our favorite, Halloween candy trivia. (I don’t know why we love the trivia so much–must be a little bit of Cliff Clavin in us.)
Anyway, without further ado (aka: more rambling) here you go; a few, festive, facts…
- Americans purchase nearly 600 million pounds of candy each Halloween. (Just imagine, or try to imagine, 16 BILLION fun sized candy bars. Yup. That. And no. We don’t know why they’re called ‘fun sized’ either. We think king sized candy bars are much more fun.) Plus, we spend nearly 2 billion bucks on it all.
- Halloween is the queen of chocolate holidays! Roughly 90 million pounds of it are bought during the season. (Compare that to 65 million during Easter and 48, around Valentines. That is just insane.)
- Candy corn, whether you love it, or hate it, is the biggest seller during the season. (Check out our candy corn blog; it’s a fun one!)
- After candy corn, the next winners are Snickers, Reeses, Kit Kat and M&M’s.
- Of ALL the candy selling days throughout the year, the top 5 days are all in October. The number one day though? October 28th. (All that last minute shopping.)
- Did you know the average household spends about 44 bucks on candy for the holiday? That’s a ton of money!
If you’re looking for a fun way to spruce up your office candy bowl, something unique to give out to trick-or-treaters or just a treat while you’re on your way home from a long day–stop on in! We probably have just what you’re looking for :)